I have a background In Children’s Nursery education. I was inspired to train and work as a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor after my own earlier life experiences, waiting to train until I felt I had the maturity and life experience to compliment this important role.
Alongside my Private Practise I work as a volunteer counsellor for 2 charities. One is a charitable community outreach project that supports vulnerable women with a wide range of circumstances and complex needs, including domestic violence, addictions, abuse, self-harm and more. The other is a specialised support service for people affected by Rape and sexual assault in Berkshire.
My professional qualifications include:
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic counselling – prof.Dip Psy.C
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Ad Dip Psy.C
- Diploma in Counselling Skills and theory – Dip CST
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills – Cert Hyp CS
- Working with trauma EMDR & VK techniques
- Working with PTSD
- Suicide and Self-Harm – working safely and ethically with clients at risk
- Rape and Sexual Assault